1. As you exit the train head into the car park and to your right to pick up the path going over the railway line. There are toilets situated in the car park. Follow this path until you reach a fork at the golf tee and head left onto the coast path and out onto beach.
2. Go right here to walk across the sand and head for the steps leading you onto the headland towards Giltar Point. Follow the clear path out to the point where you have amazing views across to Caldey island and then keep following the coast path around with the sea now on your left.
3. You are now walking across a rifle range so take care and follow the signage. Follow the coast path across the open grass area and on reaching a flagpole and a junction of paths, go right to head inland. Follow this path with the fence on your left to head under the railway line to reach a road.
4. Cross the road and follow the signed footpath through a campground to reach another road in the village of Penally. Go right here walking along a road – please take care.
5. Follow the road to eventually pass the Cross Inn on your left – this is a good option for food and drink. The route continues past the pub and takes the next right onto Station Road to reach the main road – A4139.
6. Cross the road here safely to arrive back at the train station.