1. As you exit the train head through the station car park and down to Station Road. Cross to the other side and go right until you reach the cricket and rugby grounds. Go left on First Lane. Follow this lane all the way down passing houses until you reach the main road – A4075. Again, cross the road and go right until you reach the car park entrance of Holyland Wood.
2. Enter the car park and take the path to your left and follow this as it leads you onto a raised boardwalk through wetlands to eventually arrive at a gate and a road. Bear left here onto Golden Lane. Follow this for a short while to pass under the railway bridge and just before the entrance to the school on the left take the path immediately on your left. Follow this path as it goes around the school to arrive near Mill Pond.
3. Follow the path around with the pond on your right heading towards Pembroke Castle and a bridge. At the bridge use the pedestrian crossing and go right and then left at Cornstore Café. Follow the path all the way around the water with the Castle across on your left to reach a road. Go left here to climb up into Pembroke town centre.
4. Follow the main high street now passing plenty of shops and cafes, and also the Town Council Offices. Stop here if you wish to follow the Town Trail.
5. Our walk continues down the high street. Eventually you will pass a large chapel on your left and just down from here on the left are the public toilets.
6. Continue ahead to reach a roundabout. Go straight over the roundabout and under the railway bridge. Just after the bridge take the path on your right which will lead you back to the station platform.