1. As you leave the train station and reach the road head right passing a caravan park and school to reach a main road. Head to your right and cross the main road to take the signed footpath which is opposite the church. Follow this track and just before reaching the farm buildings look to your left to go through the kissing gate to enter a field.
2. Go straight ahead here, and at the far side of the field bear right to find a gate to exit onto a road. Go right here and then take the immediate left to walk down the side of another caravan park. Shortly take the gate and path on your left to walk through a small woodland to reach another kissing gate. Head straight up the field through another gate, and around to the left ignoring other paths to reach a track with the castle down to the right.
3. Go left here to reach a road, and then go right at the road, and right again. Take the next left signed for St James the Great Church. Follow this road up and around to reach the church and car park. Go straight up ahead here to join a signed footpath heading to your right.
4. Follow this path as it heads out onto the headland and eventually descends some steps with the sea out ahead of you. At the bottom of the steps, go to your right – you have now joined the Wales Coast Path/Pembrokeshire Coast Path National Trail. Follow this path as it comes back around to reach Manorbier Beach.
5. Cross the beach and continue on the signed trails. Don’t join the road, and follow the path as it leads you around to walk down past the one house there. You will now be following this coastal path for a while, and this will include 2 steep climbs. Eventually you will start to descend with another beach ahead of you. This is Swan Lake Beach.
6. As the path descends and wraps around to the beach you will reach a fork in the path. Go right here to leave the coast path and start to head inland. There is another steep climb here. Follow this path as it climbs and then takes a sharp right through a kissing gate to head towards a farm. Follow the clearly signed path as it skirts the farm. This path heads through several gates with wide views of the sea to your right to eventually reach a road.
7. Go left here where you’ll walk on the road towards Jameston. Head straight over a crossroads to eventually arrive onto Cob Lane and go ahead to arrive into Jameston and meet the A4139. Go right at this main road to arrive at the back of the Swan Lake Inn – this is a good chance to enjoy food and drink options.
8. Our walk goes left at the back of the pub onto the small road and then drops down to the right by a bench onto Kiln House Lane. Follow this lane past some houses and fields to reach a T-Junction. Go right here and this road leads you back to the train station.