1. As you leave the train be sure to exit via the main entrance opposite the car park. From here bear left walking along Great Western Crescent. At the corner ahead of you there is a well renowned coffee shop called ‘The Coffee Pot’. If you’re after some food before your walk or on the way back then is a good option. As you reach the café cross the road and head right passing an old school.
2. Just after the school take the path on the left into the gardens rather than walking along the road. Follow this across the green space to join Station road at the far side. Head left along this road as you pass shops and cafes that sit just outside of the town centre. Eventually you’ll reach a crossroads where the Moriah Chapel and an old cinema are situated. Cross to your right here and then head left to continue along Station road.
3. Just along the road bear right into another green space which offers a good view of the stunning architecture of the local council buildings. There is also an information board here. Continue through this green space to re-join the road and keep heading to your right.
4. Eventually you’ll pass the Town Library and come to a right turn on a bend which you take to arrive outside St Elli Church. Opposite the Church is also the historic Llanelly House. Take the time to explore both these locations if possible. Our walk bears right by the church though to walk down Vaughan Street and into the shopping area.
5. Follow this street past shops to arrive at a crossroads. Again, at this point you can take more time explore the shops and indoor market. Our walk bears right at the crossroads onto Stepney Street, follow this around and then head left onto Colwell Street. Take the next right onto John Street.
6. Follow this street to the junction and then head left and re-join Station Road. You can now follow Station Road to re-trace your steps back to the station. Be sure to cross back over when you see the green space as its easier to return to the station this way.