1. Dependent on which direction you arrive into the station, be sure to walk out onto the road with Anthony’s Hotel in front of you. Head to your right to cross the railway line and follow Quay Road. You are now following the Wales Coast Path (WCP), be sure to look out for the waymarkers. Be sure to bear right to follow the road down to the Quay car park.
2. Bear left once in the car park to follow the path that hugs the waterside along the wall – this means you have technically left the WCP. Follow this all the way around to come to a small stone bridge that crosses the canal and re-join the Wales Coast Path.
3. Follow the WCP along the canal now and then out across a field to eventually cross back over the railway line. You will then head down through a farmyard to reach a road. Bear left here passing Travis Perkins but keep an eye out across the road for a sign saying Beynon Davis. Behind this sign there is a stone path bridleway which you need to take.
4. Follow this bridleway being sure to stay on the main path ignoring any turns until you go through a gate as you approach a main road. Bear left just before reaching the road to walk down an old road that takes you behind some houses.
5. At the end of this old road you reach another road, go left to eventually reach a mini roundabout by the Plough & Harrow pub. Bear right here to reach the main road in Kidwelly and bear right again. This is Bridge Street where the public toilets are situated on the right-hand side.
6. Follow Bridge Street over the river and take the path on your right to walk alongside the water. Follow this path as the castle comes into view. As you come below the castle bear left to take a sweeping staircase that leads you to the main entrance of the castle. Take the time here to explore this beautiful and historic feature.
7. The main walk bears left onto Castle Street just after reaching the main entrance. Follow this road down under an archway to reach The Gatehouse Café – this is a great stopping point for refreshments.
8. Bear left after the archway back onto Bridge Street to cross the river bridge again and at the yellow Rugby Club building go right onto Station Road – you are now back on the WCP.
9. After a short way bear right following the WCP onto Hillfield Villas. Follow this road as it leads you back to the railway station.