1. As you leave the train station, head up the road to your left to meet the main road (A4076). At this point you have the option to utilise the pub and café across the road. Our walk continues right up the road and takes the next right into Glebelands. Follow this road to the right of the shops and the take the path on your right by a car park that leads onto the playing fields.
2. Follow this tarmac path to your left to leave the playing fields and then have hedges either side of you. Eventually you’ll reach a sharp left turn but ignore this and continue ahead off the tarmac onto the signed footpath. Follow this footpath as it takes you up the side of fields and then starts to circuit the quarry on your right.
3. Eventually you’ll reach a junction at a track, take a right here onto the signed bridleway. Follow this track being careful to cross the busy entrance to the quarry to eventually head towards a farm. Just before the farmyard take the signed path on your left that skirts around the buildings. This will take you through two fields. In the second field head across into the treeline to reach a gate.
4. Pass through the gate onto what is now a cycle track and head right. Follow this track as it comes alongside the railway line and eventually joins a farm track. Go left here, over a railway bridge – at this point on your right there is the chance to join the cycle track which is a shortcut back to the railway station. The main route ignores this turning to follow what is now a road past houses to reach a crossroads.
5. At this point there is the option to stop for refreshments at the Vine Inn. The walk heads straight over the crossroads onto Kiln Road and follow this down past houses. It climbs slowly and eventually you head into Kiln Farm and Kiln Pond.
6. Head straight through the farmyard taking a gate by the grass area, and then head to your right through a kissing gate. Head through another kissing gate and go left on the signed bridleway into another field. Head up this field and walk to your left keeping to the boundary. Kiln pond is now across on your left. Go through the next gate on your right.
7. Go right in this field and then left up along the boundary to eventually reach a road. Go right here passing the school on your right, and eventually take the left turn onto Cranham Park and next right onto Greenhall Park. Take the lane on your left next to number 22 and follow this around to again join the cycle track.
8. Go right on the cycle track which brings you opposite the train station. Go right here into Orchard Court and follow around to your right to re-join the A4076, cross the railway bridge and back down to the station.