1. As you leave the train station head left down the access road, this joins another road where you need to continue left. Follow this to reach a roundabout taking the first exit left. There is fork in this road where you need to head to your right. This road passes the Territorial Army centre and under the railway bridge to arrive at the Fortunes Frolic car park. Enter the park here and keep to the track on the left.
2. Follow this track to eventually take the signed path passing a house on your left along with Higgons Well. Continue along this path through a kissing gate where the view opens up along the river. Keep an eye out for wildlife here including Canada Geese, and Kingfishers. Continue along this path passing through another kissing gate where the path eventually heads inland up a series of steps.
3. Go through another kissing gate following the path to eventually reach a field. Head up the field to find the entrance to St Ishmaels Churchyard. Walk through the churchyard to exit via the gates or a stone stile onto a road. You are now in the village of Uzmaston.
4. Head to your left here to walk along the road being careful of traffic. Follow this road for a short distance to then take the signed track on your left. Just down the track is a kissing gate on your right. Head through the gate and then head across the field through a sunken lane as it descends back into the treeline.
5. Follow this path to re-join the riverside path you walked earlier. You can now retrace your steps along the river to reach the house and the well.
6. At this point head to your left to walk around the rest of the small park and take the time to enjoy the view and maybe stop for a picnic. Once you’ve finished here you can re-trace your steps out of the park towards the train station.