1. As you exit the train you’ll head up and over to the car park. Then head up the road away from the station to reach traffic lights. Head right here past the public house to start walking along the cycle track and also the Gower Way, keep an eye out for the markers. Continue across another set of lights and past a Dr’s Surgery on your right.
2. Continue alongside what is the B4295 through one roundabout by the Tesco Express. At the second roundabout, bear left and take the signed footpath ahead of you alongside a fence, it has a Wales Coast Path sign too. Follow this path along the stream and over a bridge to eventually reach a cul-de-sac named Maes y Deri.
3. Turn right here and head up the road to take the footpath/track on your right between houses. Follow this clear path through woodland to eventually open into fields. Continue through a few stiles/gates on the clear path line to eventually reach a wide track. Go straight over this to again enter woodland. As you head through be sure to keep to the right where there is a clear fork. This section can be muddy and wet at times. Continue to climb steadily to eventually reach a golf course.
4. Bear left here to stay below the fairway to then leave the course as you enter open fields. Continue across the fields ignoring paths to your left and right. Take the time here to enjoy the expansive views. As you walk across the fields the path slowly descends towards a barn where you’ll walk through a small yard in front of a house to reach a road.
5. Go left here and then take the immediate right to join a restricted byway. As you follow this, you’ll pass a few houses scattered along the way. Be sure to take the signed bridleway on your left a short way along. Follow this as it descends to eventually reach the farmyard of Cefn Gorwydd Fawr. As you walk through the yard take the signed footpath on your right into a field.
6. Climb up the field passing through a gate and onwards to reach a kissing gate. Head left here following the path through trees and then across the bottom of a field to reach another kissing gate leaving the field by houses. Head down to a road and bear left passing a turning right. At the end of the road ahead take the footpath taking you down to the right to reach another road.
7. Cross this road towards a shop and take the signed footpath down the side of the shop. Follow this path all the way down passing a park and school buildings, as well as crossing a small road to eventually reach a main road. Cross this road and then bear left to reach a small roundabout. Bear right here – this is now Sterry Road and you’ll pass Station 86 which is a great refreshment stop.
8. At the end of Sterry Road there are traffic lights, head straight over the crossroads to reach the train station.