1. As you leave the train station bear left toward the car park to take the footbridge over the river, you have now joined the Wales Coast Path (WCP). Bear left and down the steps at the end of the bridge. Continue ahead to walk alongside the water. Follow this path along keeping an eye out for the WCP signs. Soon you’re walking behind some large fish statues, just after these use the crossing point to head over the road and leave the WCP.
2. Once across head inland away from crossed the road. Follow the lane ahead as it comes alongside a Toyota garage on your right. Take the first left which is cutting back towards the road you crossed. Follow this to reach a roundabout. Bear right looking for the signed footpath. Take this path following it to reach a road. Bear left here and then right near the kids’ playground. Follow this road to a junction. Bear right and then immediate left onto Glan Tawelan. Follow this road to the end and join the footpath in the left corner.
3. Follow this path over a track and footbridge to reach a road. Bear left here and then take the signed bridleway on your right. Follow this around the back of houses to cross a road straight over to continue on the bridleway. You’ll pass behind a mill to reach a road. Go right here and just down the hill head right by Frondeg. Follow this track up towards a farm. Head towards the large green barn ahead and then bear right onto the signed footpath behind a building to reach a kissing gate.
4. Follow the track ahead to eventually come into an open field. Keep to the top of the field walking ahead to eventually drop down to a stile and some woodland. Follow the path around the hillside to reach a house and a track. Bear right on the track to reach a road. Bear right here to follow this road eventually with houses around you. You’ll eventually reach a large junction. Take the immediate left road which is a dead end. Follow this road as it passes a house and bends to the left, and then be sure to take the right track into the lower farm.
5. Head through the farmyard, through 2 gates. At the 3 rd gate bear slight right into a field and keep to the top of the field to follow the footpath. Passing through another field you’ll come to a Welsh water site, go left into the field above but keep to the bottom of the field to reach a track leading to a road. Bear right here and shortly take the footpath on the right by Rhydbont Farm. Follow along the stream and through a kissing gate, then straight on to soon be walking between fences. Follow this around fields to reach a housing estate.
6. Bear right here and follow this direction along the road to reach a mini roundabout. Go left here out of the estate, and just up the road take the signed path back to the train station. You are now following the blue signs directing you back to the start. Walk behind the school and then up to the left alongside it. You’ll reach a road, go right and at the bottom of the road go left.
7. Just down this road cross to your right and head down through the welsh government buildings to reach the Carmarthen Quins rugby ground. At this point there is a kids play area to stop and enjoy. The walk continues around the rugby ground still following the blue signs now showing national cycle route 4. You are now walking with Tesco on your right. Eventually you’ll arrive with the Toyota garage ahead that you passed at the start. At this point head right to retrace your steps to the start.